EPOXY RESIN 2:1 SUPER CLEAR Casting - 3 Liter
- Shelf life of epoxies is well over 12 months.
- Mixing Ratio 2 parts “Aâ€?Resin to 1 part “Bâ€?Hardener by volume. Max pour depth 12mm
Contents in Box:
- 1 × EPOXY RESIN
More information about product:
- EPOXY RESIN 2:1 SUPER CLEAR Casting 3 Ltr. kit UV (Platinum) Art Jewellery
- BEST VALUE RESIN AVAILABLE !!!
- This Ultra/Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin is a 'top of the line' water clear superior performance epoxy system that can be used for so many applications including: —Casting, Jewellery, Surfboards, Bench Tops, Boat repairs, Floor and Bench Top coatingâ€?A truly quality multi purpose resin that contains no solvents!
- Boat manufacture and Fibreglass repairs - it has superior strength, good cures times, fast wet out of Fibreglass and other composite reinforcements and can be even be applied over most other brands of cured epoxies. When modified with fillers such as wood powder or Colloidal Silica the resin can be used as a filling and fairing compound with outstanding results. These resins can also be used with most types of fibreglass (if using Chopped Strand Mat, you will need a special type for Epoxy Resin which is available from us), carbon fibre or kevlar, as well as used over urethane foams and other sandwich core materials.
- Ideal for gloss coating of timber furniture or bench tops and casting items into furniture - The resin has great durability and can be resurfaced should it be damaged in any way. It has a bloom free finish.
- Great for the hobbyist when making Jewellery or items that require a crystal clear resin that possesses Superior durability.
- ARTWORK - absolutely ideal for this type of work
- Surfers, Surfboard repairers/manufacturer's appreciate the UV resistance added to this specially formulated resin.
- Ultra/Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin is ideal for floor coating applications as it is an extremely durable and tough product offering a high gloss finish with minimal coats.
- Coverage depends on temperature (Epoxy resins before mixing act a little like honey - in that in summer, they are very runny while in winter they are very stiff) and so coverage can vary up from 250 grams per square meter per coat.
- Clean all brushes, rollers and fibreglass tools with Acetone or MEK. Fibreglass Cloth and other materials are all available separately from our store.
- Use protective gloves when working with this product. We have available a special hand cleaner available for cleaning up, but you can also use soap and water or white vinegar to clean your hands.
- Mix this Ultra/Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin in the ratio: 2 parts Resin to 1 part Hardener by VOLUME. If casting large volumes and using many litres of material at one time? Then there is another special resin available from us that has exactly the same clarity but has a lower exothermal. Please contact the office for the details.
- This Ultra/Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin we say is the best value high performing resin on the market because it can be used for so many applications
- Please Note: As this product is a very pure epoxy. And it acts in a similar manner just like pure honey (epoxies act similar to honey in that, during winter, honey is extremely thick and yet in summer, that same honey is very thin and runny). So to it is with epoxies. And just like pure honey which sometimes turns into sugar? Pure Epoxy resin can act in a similar way and develop crystals (usually in part A). This is not from faulty resin but common thought is that it is from the cyclic hot days and cold nights when stored. An easy fix is to heat the jugs up in very hot water for about 30 mins and this will restore the resin to be perfectly clear. That heating is also a good thing to help remove air bubbles trapped in the epoxy due to transportation.
- If I have to do a critical pour or application, as a tip, I heat the jugs up the day before the pour and let them cool down for the day of my pour. Additionally when mixing the two parts. I decant into the mixing container by pouring down the side of the container. All this effort is to try to limit any possible air bubbles that could ruin the finished product. Even when mixing, I use a wide rule and do not even take it off the bottom of the mixing container. Mixing is so important to get the best results and can take 3 to 5 mins. I also use Bubble Buster spray to help remove any bubbles generated when mixing to help them come to the surface.